"How simple life is, when all is said and done... In this year of torment, I had gradually been letting go: first I said goodbye to Paula's intelligence, then to her vitality and her company, now, finally I had to part with her body. I had lost everything, and my daughter was leaving me, but the one essential thing remained: love. In the end, all I have left is the love I give her."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
when you are a parent, you realise you would do anything for your child.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** *
my dad surprised me a few weeks ago with a book he picked up at a second hand bookstore. it is called 'Miss Bobbie' by Ethel Turner (Seven Little Australians). this is the inscription on the inside cover: 2nd Prize (Girls) essay on "Patriotism"...
oh, and if i am not careful, i will become addicted to goodreads.com!