June 3, 2009

a friend sent this is a picture of Nicholas at Lachlan's birthday on Monday. he is sitting with one of his "best" friends. they have known eachother their whole lives. :)
i look at Nicholas and i so clearly remember this:
where is it going?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

for today...
outside my window... the skies are grey, the ground is wet, rain is falling gently and I am loving it.
i am thinking... about how much food for thought I have gathered over the past couple of women’s studies I have attended.
i am thankful for... the days when things seem to run like clockwork!
from the kitchen... today Nicholas and i are making his famous chocolate chip biscuits, and i am thinking about a Tessa Kiros cake (but i don’t think it will happen). tonight is Tessa Kiros’ cottage pie
i am creating... this felt food for Nicholas and Audrey to play with.
and forever working on the infamous blanket.
but my eye is on this. i am going... to stay home all day...
i am reading... Such A Long Journey by Rohinton Mistry.
i am hoping... Audrey's fringe grows out quickly.
i am hearing... Sesame Street.
around the house... the beds are made, two loads of washing (that I can’t hang out) are done and the kitchen is clean.
one of my favorite things... hmmm... a quiet place with a cup of coffee. can’t remember when that last happened happened though.
a few plans for the rest of the week: am working tomorrow. a party for one of Nicholas’ friends on Saturday, church on Sunday and a day at home on Monday... i know that runs into next week, but that is how far i've planned.

1 comment:

  1. Awww gorgeous pic of N on the swing. I was looking at Alicia's 1st b'day pics & I stil can't believe how fast they have all grown up :(

    I love all your little bits of sewing you have been doing lately. Your very clever!! :)

    ReplyDelete