December 13, 2011

Christmas baking

Last Christmas I made Margaret Fulton's fruit mince tarts.  They were so yummy and I felt very pleased with myself for producing something from scratch that can be easily bought from the supermarket myself. It was the real thing.  :)

This year David is going to make them with me (which is great because his pastry is always perfect).

At the moment I am addicted to Martha Stewart's Spiced Maple Glazed Pecans.  They are SO good (probably not so for the hips) and I am making bags of them to give to work colleagues.  yum, yum!


Spiced Maple Glazed Pecans
from Martha Stewart

500grams unsalted pecans
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Spread nut mixture in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with a nonstick baking mat. Bake, stirring frequently, until browned, 12 to 15 minutes; let cool. Pecans can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container up one week.
...and the Christmas cds.  My favourites this year are Bette Midler's O Come, O Come Emmanuel, Josh Groban singing Little Drummer Boy and CeCe Winan's Do You Hear What I hear?


Advent calendar in use!


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment