August 18, 2013

Sunday

I am still here, waiting  technically, my due date is on Tuesday, so I am definitely counting down.  I probably did myself a disservice in thinking I would be early this time.  I am ready, so shouldn't she be?
 
Meanwhile, I am trying to spend a little special time with Nicholas and Audrey.  Stopping at the park on the way home from school for afternoon tea, making pancakes.  making homework an enjoyable experience with hot chocolate and lots of praise!  I am still apprehensive about doing school pick up, homework, dinner, bath and bed when David is at work (at least doing it without becoming grumpy mum).  I guess all we can do is go with the flow. ;)
 
And am attempting to navigate a new parenting phase.  8 year old boys.  For the best part, Nicholas is his caring self, but a bit of attitude has snuck in and my own not so mature responses have not helped the situation.  Anyway, I put it all down to needing to acknowledge his growing up and perhaps giving him the trust and responsibility to go with it! I love this kid and am proud of him!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment