About a week before Maggie was born I went to Lincraft and bought some small floral print fabric, some ivory fabric and some beautifully soft natural bamboo wadding. I wanted to make a play mat for Maggie to lie on, inspired by photographs from this blog. When she is sitting she can play in the middle of the floor on it with her toys, and we can easily take it with us when we go visiting or on holiday. I plan to make it in the next week, ready for her Christmas present. I also couldn't resist getting her a couple more of these books, after Kelli bought her a Jane Eyre counting book! An elegant first Christmas for her I think.
I love fabric, and I love quilts. I particularly like quilts that are of no particular pattern, but are just pieced together in a way that makes them beautiful to look at. Quilters who inspire me are Leslie Keating (quilt below)



And Maggie & Sparrow below.


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment