2014 hasn't had the 'calm' beginning that I have desired for this year.
The end of a long day, and with a heavy heart and many questions, it is over.
It was lovely to see a number of people from years ago. People who play a part in your life, if only for a season, and then reappear during the hard moments. Yes, life goes on and people get busy, but to come together again at significant events, even a funeral, is special.
What few of us knew - Brett liked to write poetry. Damon read one of his poems that had been published in 2002.
Perfection
Brett Townsend (Ballina NSW)
Is there such a thing, as the perfect person,
If so, what and who would it be.
Would it be male, tall, dark, handsome and rich,
Or female, blond, blue eyed, busty and never a bitch.
Would they be smart, generous, caring and kind,
Willing to help, just to ease your mind.
No matter what combination you care to test,
I guarantee there's bad to offset their best.
Perfection begins within one's self,
Look on the inside, ignore what's on the shelf.
If you can become one with your soul,
Your life will begin its adventurous roll.
And as the world tosses us around, I becomes easier to see,
That perfection truly exists, in you and in me.
Buddha
I can't help but picture Brett sitting with pen and paper and writing. To know that he enjoyed writing.
To also think about how life can change so quickly. One stupid act, and it is gone.
To see aunty Gail, arms on the coffin cry "my baby boy, I love you so much". Yes, tonight I was grateful to kiss and hold my babies and tell them I love them. Even though parenting is hard at times and I get tired I am so thankful they are safe and well and here with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment