Meanwhile, life is marching on in all its forms. Work. I am back to three days per week. Normally this, for me, is the ideal. The balance is right. I am continuing to question whether I continue to be in the field I am. Should I take opportunities to make changes to my work?? Changes that I know will benefit my family.
Family. David is well into his new position, teaching. I knew it would be demanding of his time, and he is also studying two nights per week.
I am learning to s l o w d o w n. To stop juggling. Not to multi task, but to be present in this moment. The now and what I am currently doing, not the many things that are waiting to be done.
On Being. My very favourite podcast. I am like a sponge soaking water. I love it - drinking in the conversations. One that I listened to was with Yo Yo Ma. Somewhere in his conversation he mentioned Stravinsky, which reminded me of a book my parents bought me when I was first at university. By Joseph Brodsky. He wrote an essay on Stravinsky. I think. That is what came to mind.
Another I listened to this afternoon, with poet Marie Howe. Later in the podcast she mentioned her lecturer at Columbia University - Joseph Brodsky.
What I find in listening to these conversations is that I am being brought back to the beginning. The things that I feel I resonate with. It does feel like home. I remember back to 1990 when I started at university. All my friends had left college and moved on to other things. We had gradually drifted apart... I was on my own and life filled with so many things I came to love. In another season of life we can forget these first things. It is refreshing to remember them and bring them into my new life, with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment