August 1, 2015

Saturday

I have admired Orla Kiely's collections for some time now.  Her stem design can easily be identified wherever it is seen.  I keep a folder of articles and designs that I like (including hers).  The folder includes articles about fashion, homes and things about parenting or wellbeing that have influenced or inspired me at some time or another.

I was very excited to find some Orla Kiely stationery yesterday and bought some purse sized pocket notebooks.  It inspired me to try and collect a couple of her homewares pieces...  I particularly like the canisters and would love to get the cake tins one day.

Here is a clip of her 2014/15 collection.  Tights and a library.  Gorgeous.  Something that appeals to me. 



My favourite Audrey Hepburn movie is Funny Face.  (I even bought a coat and leggings in my first year of university inspired by AH's in this movie ;)).  So similar it makes me wonder if the book store scenes inspired this collection. 

y_Hepburn_Funny_Face_2

Audrey_Hepburn_Funny_Face_1

No comments:

Post a Comment