Now, 2016. Our New Years was quiet. To be honest, I think seeing the new year in quietly at home and then having a lazy New Years Day bbq on 1 January has become more appealing to me. Nevertheless, we took the kids, along with David's sister and her family, to the 9pm family friendly fireworks. Then we walked into the City for ice cream. Admittedly, by the time we walked back to our parked car and got home, it was 11:45PM. We gave the kids a slushie as a new years treat and said Happy New Year. They had their showers and went off to bed, and David and I sat down with a cheese plate to watch Downton Abbey. I got season 6 for Christmas but we wanted to refresh our minds of how season 5 ended.
Anyway, I get ahead of myself - Christmas Day! We had a lovely day, very relaxed. Great food, and kids having a wonderful time. The way it should be.

No comments:
Post a Comment