The best feeling is that tertiary study has finished in our household for the next little while. After David's 7 year part time and my straight into one year I feel it was really taking its toll.
Now I am enjoying this. I want to live deliberately, starting with the small things, starting at home. I get so much satisfaction from seeing the produce from our garden.
And loving my "cups of tea" with this girl.
who loves to help in the garden.
and today while Nicholas and Audrey were at school we made chocolate chip biscuits together for the first time. She loved mixing with the beaters!
It was a productive day :)
(a little in love with our IKEA spice jars and my retro label maker...)
For a long time I have picked up books like these ones, all with a similar theme... simplicity and a more thoughtful approach to living. Now that I feel I can walk away from my working week each Wednesday, and not think about it again until Monday morning, I feel I am in the perfect position to make more of an attempt to put into practice what I am drawn to.
No comments:
Post a Comment