The kids brought their scooters and soon made friends. They met up in mornings after breakfast, and after dinner for a game of spotlight before bed. We didn't do too much at all, except wander into Batemans Bay for coffee one day, and then to the beach at various times. (Of course the lolly shop in Mogo was a big hit!) One morning I took Maggie down to the beach on my own and we built sandcastles. After a while I left my blanket on the beach and thought I would take Maggie back to the cabin and return on my own to read. By the time we got to the cabin, the rest of the family had decided to join us. That was ok - Nicholas and Audrey swam with David, Maggie got her feet wet, and then the girls and I collected shells to decorate the sand castles. Nicholas spent lots of time on his scooter with old and new friends, so pictures of him are few...
On the way home we stopped at Mogo Zoo, where my camera battery promptly went flat. I have some photos on my iPhone of the kids feeding deer and giraffes. Priceless, so will try to download them. It was a gorgeous zoo, and everything just felt so natural. The kids had a ball, and enjoyed feeding deer and giraffe.
David and I brought a couple of our favourite tv shows on dvd, but really just relaxed at night caught up on sleep. The perfect "re-energising" holiday. I did feel a tinge of sorrow to have to be home so soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment