D is very proud of me for taking up sewing! even if it has just been two bibs, a painting smock and half a kitty doll! Oliver + S have just released their latest patterns and i have bought two.
i also can't wait to see what this is all about. the fabric is gorgeous.
sewing is addictive. my plan is to finish the kitty doll (or three!), make some library bags and pencil rolls and then begin a patchwork blanket - just a random one to throw on the ground outside now that the weather is warming up. i can't wait for my kids to be able to run (or lie) around in the warmth!!
oh, and i think my last post should have been titled "no regrets"! ;-)
now i'd better race to get dressed and make the bus in 20 minutes!!!!
I agree sewing is addictive. Fabric sale on this weekend. Feel free to pop in. I will be there all day friday and Thursday afternoon. hopefully there is new stuff :)
ReplyDeleteno regrets is perfect :) I was thinking of all these things I could have said, but none of them seem as good as that. Makes me think of Ali Edwards' whole 'living in the moment' thing.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think I need to get my hands on a copy of that Mission of Motherhood book! It sounds great :)
I especially liked the last photo. Good on you with all that sewing too ;)
I love the double-breasted jacket with the empire-line gathers (the red one) and the A-line skirt.
ReplyDeleteActually, all those patterns are soooooooooo cute!!!!
Did you catch your bus???
thanks muchly - yes, being at peace with the choice to let work wait and my priority being those close to me, those around me, is a good place to be.
ReplyDeleteand no, i didn't make the bus - i woul have had to run down the street in high heels so decided to brush my hair, pack the dishwasher and get the next bus 20 minutes later.
Wise decision, Michelle!!
ReplyDelete