April 6, 2009

projects...



although i have been time poor lately, i have still managed to achieve, or at least begin, a few crafty things.
this felt butterfly, to hold A’s hair clips.
a start on my Ali Edwards inspired mini book – books I love…

and I am having another spurt of inspiration to get my baby cross stitch blanket completed by the end of the year. I have decided to give myself achievable mile stones. by the end of this week, I plan to have block R completed – a sheep.
one thing I have noticed is that cross-stitch is not kind on my eyes. although I am very much a beginner, using a sewing machine produces quick results. this blanket will have to be an heirloom… actually, the thing inspiring me to finish it is choosing some pretty fabric for the back and the border. when it was to be N’s blanket, the options for a boy didn’t seem to be so exciting.
so when work, family and home permit, that is what i've been up to.