July 18, 2009

it is finished!!!!

picture me jumping really high, with my hands in the air, in front of a perfect blue sky...
i have finished the cross stitch blanket. Melanie reminded me i started it when i was 10 weeks pregnant with Nicholas! (it now belongs to Audrey).
now i can pay attention to all of these other projects without the dreaded feeling of unfinished projects looming over my head. i am a happy girl.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
not to mention this project. i hunted this woden high chair down some months ago. as it was in desperate need of repair the woman gave it to me for nothing.
David took it to wokr this week, took it all apart and sanded what he could on the machine. he then put it back together, and glued and clamped it so it is nice and secure. now he says it is mine to finish. he gave me a little bundle of sandpaper and i get to sand the crevices the machine can't reach. then i get to lacquer it and he will secure the tray to it. i can't wait.

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! That is so good!! I'm so happy for you! I'll have to drop over some time and have a look. It's looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Ruth. i think i am just relieved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done michelle, nothing like the feeling of getting a project finished that's been hanging over your head for ages. Looks stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you know how I felt when I finished the shawl and why I am hesitant in starting something else!!!!
    Well done :)

    ReplyDelete