the days seem long. and at night when the kids are asleep the house is quiet. Audrey has slept from 7pm to 7am uninterrupted the past two nights!
i have read - i am almost finished Wildflower (quite a depressing story in the end!) and have a new book waiting for me to begin.
and i have sewed. i put the next three blocks together so that all i need to focus on now is the stitchery. see the little feet in the picture? she insisted on standing on various blocks, saying "pretty". 
and these quick and cute treasure bags - just waiting for binding and handles.
the pattern is from Handmade Home and the idea is that the kids take them to the beach (or bushwalking) to collect things they find - made from window mesh, sand and dirt should fall through. we'll get to test them when we go to Merimbula in November.
the pattern is from Handmade Home and the idea is that the kids take them to the beach (or bushwalking) to collect things they find - made from window mesh, sand and dirt should fall through. we'll get to test them when we go to Merimbula in November.one thing i hate is dishcloths, that smell awful and need to be bought regularly. i try to buy ones that can at least be washed once or twice. i came across some free patterns for crocheted dishcloths, and asked mum if she could still crochet. but she didn't know the stitches referred to in the pattern.
and look what was posted today. a KNITTED dishcloth! won't she be pleased i found this one? she can knit. :0)
i like this quote: "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little" ~ Edmund Burke. i think this is a good approach to life!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
two little teapots:
Nicholas feeling so grown up (and serious!) dressed for his Sunday School teachers wedding.
I totally agree about the dishcloths. My host grandma from Canada gave me some knitted ones when I left, over 10yrs ago - I was 18...needless to day I wish I knew where they ended up cause I'd love to have them now! lol anyway, i have several cotton cloths from woolies that can be washed over and over, plus there's a guy at the lanyon markets that knits pink ones (!) and I've bought a couple from him, always intending to do one myself one day. Well, all that to say that you inspired me with the link to that pattern, and I'm just about finished my own 'first ever' knitted dish cloth!! Thanks michelle :)
ReplyDeletegood on you! unfortunately i can't knit... i'd love to. i even tried to, when Nicholas was a baby. but that didn't go very far. i'll have to go to the Lanyon markets...
ReplyDelete