This book is called Caterpillar Butterfly, by Vivian French. It is part of a series of nature Storybooks. Part of the appeal it also has a cd, which is great for the car. It tells the story of a little girl whose grandfather grows nettles, because certain caterpillars make cocoons on them. At the end butterflies hatch. Audrey loves butterflies. Nicholas loves nature. It is nice to have them remind me to notice the small things.
And look at the progress of the cubby house now - colours!
And the most satisfying 15 minutes of sewing I have done lately - these snack sacks. The kids love them, but I am sure it is more for what snacks are in them. I love them just because I think they are so cool.
I have to run and vacuum for bible study tonight. The lesson is on why we should not simply imitate Christ. One of the questions revolves around the scenario of Jesus being transported to do your job. What would he do. Today I realised what my answer will be: He overturns the tables!! Please God, can I do that? Just once? And not lose my job... I need to pay the mortgage and all....
I tell you, my work is SO not the place I like to be. Today I questioned the third highest person I work for (not saying much as I have never been one for hierarchy). Twice. It felt good.




No comments:
Post a Comment