October 2, 2010

Links and Loves

The primary school newsletter that we receive from Nicholas' preschool reminded parents to check their child's school stationary for next term.  Sharpen pencils, replace any missing items.  How much fun will that be?  I love stationary.  This has me inspired for when Nicholas starts school next year.  

* * * * * * * * 
I made these biscuits today.  I am not really a peanut butter fan, other than smooth peanut butter on well browned toast.  But these taste great - and look good.  I followed her recipe by word (that always annoys David) including using tablespoonfuls of dough and NOT pressing the balls of dough down.

* * * * * * * *
Saw news today that Notebook magazine is folding next month.  A shame as it is the one woman's magazine that has good articles on a variety of topics, without the trash.  Timely though as I have been debating for a while whether to tear favourite pages from my magazines rather than store the whole mag.  There are 3 magazines I buy regularly, if not every month, and I have been deciding whether or not to reduce the number.  the decision has been made for me!

* * * * * * * *

 Belle & Boo and Sarah Jane Studios purchases that I love.



I finally bought frames for these prints:

















And any birthday party Nicholas or Audrey go to in the next few months is likely to be graced with one of these books.  Gorgeous stories and beautiful illustrations.  I want to buy them for all the kids I know!






2 comments:

  1. We made those biscuits too a couple of days ago!! Although the recipe we used was a bit different. It had rolled oats and peanuts in them. I didn't have any peanuts so i used crunchy peanut butter instead. They tasted great!! The kids & I polished them off the next day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! baking is always a great time passer with my kids...

    ReplyDelete