July 8, 2011

more on kids

One of my favourite things about Nicholas' birthday party last weekend was definitely the party games.  As there was a bit of a dinosaur theme happening we played pin the horn on the triceratops, what's the time "Mr Dinosaur hands" (Dave had a dinosaur puppet on each hand), a dinosaur egg pinata and a dino balloon stomp.  The kids really enjoyed them (I think) and it emphasised my belief in letting kids, be kids.  Old fashioned fun.  Here is another post on the joy of party games that I wholeheartedly agree with. 
In the spirit of having fun, I have been turning my mind to things to do for the holidays.  I want the school holidays to be relaxing.  To be some down time for us all and not full of commitments.  We will be spending a few days at Dave's uncles' farm.  I'm looking forward to that. 
I also hope to:
* take the kids to one of our national galleries/museums in each of the weeks of the holidays. (btw, I read a good article on taking kids to museums here)
* live with no particular routine.  no pressure.
* read together
* cook together
* paint together, draw together
* get some decent photographs
* and to cuddle everywhere.  My focus is to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment