August 5, 2011

thoughts

At the end of the day, the end of the week I'm waiting for David and Audrey to come home.  Dinner is prepared and so I have some time to stop and ponder the week(s) that has/have been.  Bananas In Pyjamas is on in the background. I love that at six years old Nicholas still enjoys it. 

Yesterday I packed afternoon tea up in the pram and Audrey and I picked Nicholas up from school.  The weather was so gorgeous we ate afternoon tea at the park and the kids played.  We didn't rush to get home.  It was perfect.  I took tea in a thermos and watched them play while I wrote a list to prepare for our Spring/Summer vegetable garden.  I fear we are running out of time as we still need to physically move the garden to a new location.  I was going to take my camera, but at the last minute thought I'd just let them be and enjoy the moment.  I wished I had it in the end. 

Looking at some of the blogs in my favourites list I saw this.  Kylee brought these biscuits to Home Friendship Group.  They were so yummy - if I had any left I'd make French s'mores!

I haven't written lately but have been immersing myself in study - listening to Nancy Leigh de Moss.  I must be hungry because I feel my spirit filling on her studies.  I am reading One Thousand Gifts and Fenelon.  I am eagerly awaiting books that I can't wait to read, to learn from and to apply to my life and to our home and family structure.

In reading Fenelon the other day, this struck me:

"Learn to be lenient with the less important matters, but maintain your firmness over that which is essential.  Remember that true firmness is gentle, humble and calm."  This is certainly what my approach to parenting has been of late.  I am trying to be measured and calm!




I have a list of things I want to make and need to do (like frame and hang all the prints lying under our bed collecting dust!)  (inspiration from Molly Irwin)

Lately I have even managed some hand quilting. 
















I am keen to finish this one as my lists are growing of things to make!  Nothing like eagerness to start the next project to inspire me to complete the last one.  :)








Life is busy but I am getting better at taking time out for the small things....

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to have afternoon tea at the park on the way home :) I am so keen for spring and this past week was BLISS!

    Lol, those smores look so yum, might have to try them one day.

    And I had to write a comment just to say that I've been listening to Nancy this afternoon while I sorted through the (recently moved - again!) study. Her podcast on the tongue that she did in february is such a great reminder!

    Thanks for sharing, makes me think I should update my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I keep checking everybody else's blog, to no avail! ;)

    ReplyDelete