April 4, 2012

I've been in a bit of a blog rut lately... I just cannot be bothered blogging about much at all really.  I feel a change around the corner though.  I have a couple of sewing projects I need to want to get stuck into.  MY QUILT.  Let it be over already... I love it and want to see it on my bed (preferably with a complementary new cover and new cushions) but oh, the hand stitching... must finish it.And the cross stitch I piked up a couple of months ago - I really want to do it, but feel guilty when I am doing that and not my quilt.  Then there is the table runner I started cutting charm squares for... all the while thinking "what am I doing when I have so many unfinished projects??!"  All I can say is that it will be a busy winter.

I am sure I have listed a billion projects on my blog that I want to do.  I need to label those posts so I can bring the lists up easily.  maybe a label like U.F.O.

I am reading two gorgeous books at the moment.  One is called 'The Real Downton Abbey' and is written by the current Lady Carnarvon (can you imagine??) :)  When will the second season begin??
...and just for fun:



(I love Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders).

Also for my birthday was 'My Heart Wanders'.  Gorgeous photos, travel and a lovely introspective theme.

So what have I been up to since turning 40???  Fanticising about craft, stressing about foreign policy, wishing I was more patient with my kids than what I have been of late and making soup.

Dave had a wisdom tooth out late last week and now has an infection.  He can't chew easily so I've made two soups - simple ones.  A pumpkin and a tomato.  He made cauliflower.  Try this for something quick and tasty:

chop 1 brown onion and 1 clove of garlic. 
cook in a tablespoon of olive oil for 3 minutes. 
add two tins of diced tomatos, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of caster sugar and 2 cups chicken stock.
boil for 15 minutes and it is good to go!  Don't forget crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment