Is anyone else loving Phryne Fisher as much as I am right now? The stories are great and the characters are gorgeous! Phryne and Isabel Dalhousie are my heroines of choice. And lately they are both the perfect distraction / escapism from other things going on in life right now. (Namely my work, but I'm not comfortable talking about the details here).
Another good distraction are my kids. Audrey is loving The Grudffalo and The Gruffalo's Child right now. Nicholas has learnt a new song he has been teaching me.
Alice, where are you going? Upstairs to take a bath.
Alice, with legs like toothepicks, and a neck like a giraffe
Alice, got in the bathtub, pulled out the plug and then
Oh my goodness, bless my soul! There goes Alice down the hole!
Alice, where are you going? Glub, glub, gurgle!
The tune is quite catchy.
I read a quote the other day which reminded me to stop and make sure I make my children a priority right now. children are for enjoying, not enduring. I need to not get hung up on small things and to remember to praise the good things... This article is also a great reminder to be the mother you are, rather than the mother on blogs, facebook or even pintrest.
Right now, I have just got home from a day in Brisbane. David is catching up with an old school friend for dinner and the kids have a sleepover. I'm going to see what we have in the cupboard that looks appetising and watch some tv.
No comments:
Post a Comment