My Section had a lunch that day which helped make day #1 extra pleasant. And now I am home again!
I was really tired yesterday afternoon though. I actually fell asleep in bed last night with my current read, a few briefing papers from work and listening to this interview. It seems Kate Morton has another book out and was in Canberra last week doing a reading and book signing. I am annoyed I keep missing these things... I went to a previous book signing and we chatted easily. Her reading tastes are similar to mine. Kate's new book seems to follow the formula of her other books, but if it works, why not? Here is another interview (I love her haircut, although I wouldn't do it myself!)
I have another book on my wish list which seems similar to The Secret Keeper. Maybe I'll give both a go.
Tonight David has his final presentation at work and then the university semester is over! I think a cake to celebrate is in order. The semester becomes quite a taxing time for us all, which makes me worried about how we'll go if I throw myself into the text books again for another year. We'll see...
Last weekend we went to the coast for a quick one night getaway. We camped at the beach at a very comfortable caravan park only two hours away. What I loved (aside form the kids thoroughly enjoying themselves) was a lovely Sunday market, with excuisate fruit and vegetables and a fantastic coffee van. We'll have to go again. :)
...and fruit mince is made for Christmas tarts! I really need to start thinking about Christmas this year...
No comments:
Post a Comment