December 7, 2012

Friday

Today I had my office Christmas Party.  It was fun - as much as they are.  A nice menu, colleagues enjoying themselves.  Then I left to come home.  On the way I stopped to buy Nicholas a stationery caddy for his new desk.  On Thursday and Friday night David brought home Nicholas' furniture and put it together.  Nicholas was SO excited.  It was really sweet to see him putting paper and pencils on his desk (hence the need for somewhere to keep it all).  One lucky boy.  And one very gifted dad! :)






Today is also the day this boy went missing, nine years ago, and now the day his parents were finally able to put his remains to rest.  I cannot imagine the anguish they must be feeling, or have felt over the years. When watching the news report of his memorial service, this song was played.  A beautiful song I have always loved, from Les Miserables.  I think I also sang it when taking singing lessons years ago.  I seemed to have sung a lot of Andrew Lloyd Weber then!

My singing teacher tragically died from a fall down the stairs of his home.  I took my lessons there, across the road from The Lodge.  Anyway, not long ago I said I couldn't wait for the movie Les Miserables.  I think I'll be in tears the whole time watching it!  This gives me goosbumps and brings tears to my eyes.



I've lots to blog about here - home, Christmas, craft, faith... but feel a bit overwhelmed with it all at the moment....

No comments:

Post a Comment