My belly is bigger and I have lost count of the number of times people have told me that. Like I didn't know, after all, I am the one who awkwardly tries to roll over in bed at night, comforted by grunts and sighs. When walking Nicholas to school for the drop off before I head to work the other morning, he said "I don't think you should wear boots while you are pregnant, because your belly is big now and you could lose balance and fall forwards." Cute that he was concerned!
I am coming up to 30 weeks in a couple of days and for the past two weeks this little baby has begun stretching and pushing and kicking. I find myself wondering where I will be when I go into labour. With seven weeks left at work I imagine that I will come early and the three weeks I have allowed myself will not be enough to get organised. The other week I told David to start stocking up on nappies, and I also bought a set of cotton bassinet sheets and some fabric to make some flannelette sheets and wraps. Her one little drawer is filling up.
I remember the day before I had Audrey (being induced) I took Nicholas outside in the sun and we had a picnic on our last day before a sibling arrived. last night David and Nicholas went to the Brumbies. It is lovely for them to have that time together, and Nicholas particularly enjoys the ritual of Goodberries afterwards!
I decided I should do something with Audrey, to make it feel special for her. I saw a Strawberry Shortcake book with figurines and a play mat of a village included on sale. We made cupcakes (iced them pink) then played for a bit before going to bed with a story and falling asleep together.
It is so cold today. Audrey is at a birthday party and Nicholas is watching Star Wars, in his Jedi robe with light saber and eating his favourite stewed apples with ice cream.
Other than that I am preoccupied with de-cluttering EVERYWHERE (or at least preoccupied with the thoughts of it), thinking about what I need for the baby and what meal I can make a freeze for the family in preparation. Oh, and I'm taking 10 minutes here and there to read a novel and am enjoying 'The Little Paris Kitchen' at the moment!
I decided that just buying nappies and cream to prepare was a little sad, so decided I needed a beautifully scented soap and a small two cup teapot for when the hospital boots me out 6 hours after giving birth (or so they warn me). I want to make my bedroom at least feel like a little sanctuary for a few days while I heal and bond with our new girl. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment