Two hours waiting in the Emergency Department. I feel confident all is well. Just an unusually high temperature for Maggie. An opportunity to people watch. and the ER provides an eclectic group of people to watch.
******
So I began this post at three o'clock yesterday. Here I am in the paediatrics ward at the hospital. Without causing alarm or being dramatic, at 11 weeks old they decided Maggie was too little to be getting a 39 degree temperature. After 6 hours in the ER a bed was finally made available. Horrible moments for me- the SIX attempts to find a vein in Maggie's little arm while in ER. Her screaming, eyes filled with tears looking directly at me broke my heart. And now the suggestion by dr's to do a lumber punch to rule out meningitis. Still waiting on that decision...
But I am grateful for a G.P, paediatrician and nurse, all from our church, caring for Maggie or simply coming in to cuddle her and bring me juice. Thankful for David, picking up the slack at home- piano, homework, ballet.... and packing Maggie and I a hospital bag with everything we might need!
Oh no!! I hope and pray everything was alright!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth - thankfully all is well. It is/was a virus but the doctors wanted to make sure it wasn't bacterial. So thankfully no lumber punch and now we are home! :)
ReplyDelete