March 27, 2008

mums

another photograph from the "old" album. I'm sure I broke every conservation rule I learnt when scanning the photographs in the album! I like this one of the mother and child. I wonder how many times the child was told to sit still? I wonder what they were doing on the way to the photographers studio, or immediately after? did the child get something special for being well behaved? maybe they came into town especially for the photograph and rode by train. I know I would want to make a special day of it - with cake to top it off!
today I was out with my mum, N and A. N got a happy meal and a Percy engine... he didn't even realise I had bought the engine until we were home and he had his nap. then he kept saying "thank you for my Percy". A got two pairs of tights. :o)

more importantly though, I am reading a book at night before I go to sleep: 'A Mum After God's Own Heart'. last night the page I read asked why we teach our children God's word, talk to them about God, take them to church, teach them to pray, and talk to God about them. "because it's our God-given responsability, our role, our duty, and our mandate from God."
the last picture in my banner is of mum and I at the botanic gardens when I was about 2 or 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment