February 9, 2010

back to one

it seems odd, only having one running around the house. i think she is enjoying stepping up to the mark though. taking over collecting the eggs, having the trampoline all to herself and total control of all tv viewing choices. today is Nicholas' first "long" day at preschool. and what to do with too many zucchinis?? make a zucchini chocolate cake: 1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups plain flour
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 easpoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups grated zucchini

1. cream butter and sugar. Beat the eggs.
2. Add milk and vanilla and sifted dry ingredients.
3. Stir in zucchini.
4. Pour into a greased 23 cm x 30 cm tin and bake at 160 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

a very moist cake. so if anyone needs a zucchini, let me know! speaking of food - we had a wonderful dinner at Senso to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary. and i ate SNAILS!!

4 comments:

  1. I will have to try that cake recipe also... looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could.....I ate frogs legs in Indonesia once, they were actually nice....but frogs legs???
    By the way, I did get the picture of your sewing tool holder thing - its gorgeous! I think I am getting back some energy, so I may even write a post soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bring the zucchini Frances! w've been overtaken by them!
    And Melanie - your absence in blogworld has been noticed...

    ReplyDelete