A woman smiled at Nicholas and Audrey in their crowns and nudged her husband as she pointed to them. I was pleased that someone understood the significance of their paper crowns...It was a lovely atmosphere as people drove up to the house, listened to talks, walked through the house and had picnics. I had made soup, biscuits (Australian for cookies) and some savoury muffins yesterday. We bought bread rolls and cinnamon doughnuts, some treats for the kids and were good to go.

The house had a sewing room that would have been glorious in its day, with bay windows and light streaming in all around.
The weather was glorious. The kids loved playing under the trees - giant Morton Bay Figs...
They pretended to snore themselves to sleep in one of the many bedrooms. I like the way Nicholas hung his crown on the stand by the bed... I wonder if that is what real kings do?? ;)
Audrey tried to escape under the main dining room table...
Bees filled the bottle brush.
Finally, a picture of Nicholas and Audrey with their "Distinction-average" dad. David received his university result for this past semester... he is doing very well indeed! :)
'Good one' - pop (man of few words at times)
ReplyDeleteIt looked like you all had a wonderful day, timeout together well spent :)
Congratulations Dave, good work!
xxxxx
mum