November 18, 2010

miss audrey

Today I took pleasure in reading this post by Heather Bailey.  "I am my own self".  I thought on it for a moment.  I thought of Audrey.  She has the funniest personality.  She is gentle, sweet and wants a cuddle from her mum when she is sad, scared or hurt.  Or just because she wants a cuddle from her mum.  I like that.  She loves pink.  She adores Angelina ballerina. 
In fear of her being a complete tomboy (how can you not with a brother and 5 boy cousins...) I make a big deal when I dress her in a pretty dress with sparkly shoes.  She likes that.  She loves her ballerina shoes.  She likes having stories read to her.  Again and again.


She loves to sing and she loves to dance.  She adores her teddy.

In some things she likes her independence.  She has never really let anyone feed her.  Even at six months.  If you pick her up to put her in the car, or the bath, or bed the response is invariably the same.  She will climb out and say "Audrey do it."  She also has a firey temper.  (David says that is from me...)  She loves jumping into the pool and going straight under, to be pulled out again in the air.  She loves playing with "the boys"  (Her brother and her cousins) and she enjoys Thomas the Tank Engine (she looks for Lady) and playing with dinosaurs.  She pulls books and toys from her shelf - just to make a mess.  She will go to her bothers room to do the same. 
She is forever playing with snails and bringing them to me.

She will eat play dough and draw on walls if you are not looking.... or on herself. 

  


So, I think the lesson for me is that to in spite of what I think a little girl named Audrey should be like,  I should remember that she is her own self, to guide her but sometimes to just let her be.

1 comment: