There is a lot happening at the moment, my work is crazy/busy but at least that makes the days go faster. Soon Nicholas will be finished preschool, and it will be Christmas time. I have been doing some Christmas shopping over the last month for nephews and the one niece we have, so i need to sit down and actually look at what we have.
I made a Christmas stocking for Nicholas and Audrey, but I love the style of this one, so may have to make one for myself... I wonder if David would appreciate a blue on??
Tomorrow mum and I are going to a book reading. I am really looking forward to it a book about lost letters, family secrets and history. It should be fun.
There is another book I read while I was at university years ago, about letters, history and secrets. I read it over Christmas/New Year in the mid 1990's and a movie was made of it soon after. David literally went to sleep when we went to see it, but ever since I have always dreamt that this was my office.
Prints, old books, smart work clothes - but not the coffee peculator (a plunger for me).
My current little corner at work looks a bit like that, filled with postcards, photographs and notes. But recently I feel I may get to have the real thing working in a museum... a job was advertised doing exactly what I have wanted to do since I was a child. It is a level higher than what I am currently at and 1/2 a day less than what I currently work.... but I had better not get ahead of myself. There is an application to write, an interview to get AND to impress at... I know that I have not had active experience in the field for over 10 years but if anything it has inspired me a bit more to be persistent at knocking on doors.
Things are looking up.
Oh, and on a final note, look what I just came across. A picture book on Audrey Hepburn! The illustrations are gorgeous. It is due to be published in February 2011. A bit late for my Audrey's birthday, but hey, since when do I stick to reasons to buy gifts? :)


I'm praying already!!!!!
ReplyDelete