I have mentioned a book called 'Flourish- discover the daily joy of abundant, vibrant living'. I am not reading it as quickly as I'd like, but I love it. The author talks about practical ways to cultivate positive emotions which lead to spiritual growth and stronger relationships.One activity in the book mentioned the benefits of listing Intentional Rhythms of Life under various headings. These were mine:
* Pray - connect with and love God
~ Bible reading
~ My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers (devotional reading)
~ Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis (spiritual and inspirational reading)
* Self-Care
~ Get enough sleep!!
~ relax; time with family, read, sew, listen to uplifting music
* Love and Relationships
~ Time alone with David
~ Fully focused time with Nicholas and Audrey
~ Cultivate friendships and family connections
~ Practie altruism (goodness, kindness and compassion)
* Work
~ Contribute in meaningful ways
* Rest - renewal. Restoration. Enjoyment
~ Practice simplicuty in life
~ Slow down
~ Honor the Sabbath
It reads like a lot. It reads like something impossible. But just listing those things which I want to be evident in my own life makes me feel like I have a plan for implementing intentional rhythms in my life. I love just saying it!
No doubt I will have more to say along the way - this book is filled with gems. More resources can be found here.
No comments:
Post a Comment