If you can fall in love with a book, I am
absolutely in love with
Maudie and Bear by Jan Omerod and illustrated by Freya Blackwood. It is delightful. The stories are gorgeous and the illustrations are breathtaking. I love
Freya Blackwood's illustrations and we own at least 7 of the books she has illustrated. This one however, takes the cake. I want to look at it all the time!
The first night we brought it home I read it when the kids went to bed! I think I have read it once a day since. It is destined to become a classic. I knew it was one we had to own! A colleague at work had a gift voucher from Borders and needed to use it, so asked if there was anything I wanted... I knew immediately!
The book is a collection of five stories about a little girl named Maudie and her bear, who loves her unconditionally. When I read the first page I immediately thought of Audrey - Maudie reminds me of her. I wish she had every dress Maudie wears.
The illustrations are
so beautiful they are beyond description - the colours, the sketches, the scenery...
Another one to add to my list of recommendations.
No comments:
Post a Comment