February 9, 2012

Rhythm

So we are nearing the end of the first week at school.  I still feel a little all over the place.  I went back to work after Christmas and no sooner had I settled back in there then I was off on another three weeks leave.  I start back at work next week and immediately fly out to Papua New Guinea.  At the moment the assignment for that week is taking up a lot of my head space.  I guess once I am back I will find that rhythm in our daily routines. 


Nicholas with school and Joeys, Audrey with preschool and ballet,  David with work and university.  Me with????

Nicholas seems to be liking being back at school. 

He is fairly understated in how he feels about many things. 


We had a nice afternoon at the library last week.  I read one of the library books to him last night (he helps read the Magic 100 words).  It was about a boy who loses his puppy.  Nicholas' favourite bedtime toy is a toy dog, called 'puppy' so he loved the story.  In it the little boy draws 'lost' posters at his desk.  Nicholas made a desk for his room.  He put the lamp from when he was a baby (which I had tried to take to the op shop the week before) pencils, crayons and a pile of paper on his desk.   he gets so excited about new things and new experiences.  If he is interested in something he wants to learn everything about it.  Paleontology, astronauts and, at the moment, spies. He loves lego.  I think when I am home I need to work on making his room a bit of a bigger boys room.  I am also have the dilemma of what to do with some of his baby toys and books.  He is very sentimental and wants to keep everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment