ok, so this post is going to be quick. It is more like a brain dump. The many thoughts in my head are starting to collide. Which in a round about way means they are starting to all fall into place. I am reading another Isabel Dalhousie novel. It is called the Right Attitude to rain. On the back cover McCall Smith writes: "The key to contentment in the Scottish climate is the right attitude to rain - just as in life the key to happiness lies in making the best of what you have." Reading that this morning while on the bus made me smile. It kind of links up with yesterdays post about gratitude. Funnily enough, Mel blogged about the same thing at the same time. We both laughed on the phone as we were talking about this beautiful clip we had seen. Then to realise it was the same one!
But more on being grateful for the things we so often take for granted. I watched the following clip tonight.
A lump came to my throat. I cried for her simple joy.
Then I watched an interview on Ellen. I cried again. She spoke of the joy of hearing music clearly. hearing rain and thunder, birds and her husband snore. Her blog can be found here.
So what is all this telling me? It is all in my attitude. Be grateful for where I am in this life journey. Be grateful for what I have and be more present in the now. Not thinking of tomorrow, not thinking of next year. How much more would I see if I wasn't always worried about "stuff".
Should I be surprised?
Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Luke 12:27
No comments:
Post a Comment