June 11, 2012

Sunday/Monday

Post-SIT

Well, the day after my first Sew It Together.  I really did have so much fun!!  Meeting lots of talented, like minded women was the highlight, but to sit and sew and talk and drink tea and not much else was bliss.  I saw so many lovely things at the markets  and kept thinking to myself, I have a pattern for that in my Lotta/Oliver +S/French General/Posie Gets Cozy book.... now I'm inspired to actually put the patterns into use!!  Hence, Melanie is coming over tomorrow to have our own SIT!


A visit to the Handmade Markets in the morning yielded a skirt for me and tights (pictured below) for Audrey.  Although she loves pink and purple and fairy wings, I see her more as a Pipi Longstocking kind of girl.


The long weekend was finished off today with an afternoon at Tidbinbilla.  Lachlan joined us for the fun and we had the mandatory sausage sandwich (with onion and tomato sauce) as well as some s'mores -  a toasted marshmallow squished between two chocolate wheaten biscuits, followed by tea for us and hot chocolate for the kids. 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you Michelle, thrilled you enjoyed SIT this weekend, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And great to meet you too Jennie! I had such a good time - it was just what the doctor ordered! ;)

    ReplyDelete