But the beginning of this movie is my life at the moment and at least it is making me laugh at life. I can SO much identify with this woman. (Except I don't have the wardrobe).

* A couple of times last week I got Nicholas to school just in time to run to the end of his class line as they were walking into the class room, while I snuck in behind to put his lunch box and drink bottle in the tray. A smiling teacher greeting me. In the movie? tick.
* Asleep before your husband comes to bed? tick.
* Wake up at random hours going theough a mental list? tick.
* Young aspiring staff members at work just a little too keen to take on any task from you with the presumption they are "helping" you? In the movie? tick.
* Nothing to wear to work that fits propoerly? If it does it has food stains on it? In the movie? Tick
* Nicholas keeps asking me when we will make his birthday invitations... this afternoon, I promise. Only to discover we have no ink in the printer! Birthday drama in the movie? tick.
* Then the piece de resistance... last week I got a call from the school. Nicholas had lice... emergency call to his grandfather to pick him up, grab some treatment and take him home to wash his hair. Last Friday one of the Executive at work asked me to come to a meeting with him. As we sat in his car I thought oh my goodness. What if I got head lice and they are jumping and flying around his car??? In the movie? YES! Can you believe it? (Only she did have head lice, I didn't :)) But I still couldn't believe she had the same paranoid thoughts as me.
I don't have the school bake drama she does, but I did tell Nicholas' teacher I would help with reading to day. have you seen the weather outside? I'll be there, but hopefully my umbrella won't fly away in this wind. So yeah, mothers deal with the same stuff all the time.


I really must watch this movie then - sounds like my life too. Glad you enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteIt really does help to be able to laugh at it all!!
ReplyDelete