June 20, 2008

making lemon curd

basic recipe

180g butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
2/3 cup lemon juice, strained
3 eggs

place the butter, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the butter and sugar are dissolved.

remove from the heat and whisk in the eggs. stir over low heat continuously for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. makes 2 cups.

store for up to two weeks in a sterilised jar. (to sterilise the jar, wash it in hot soapy water, then invert on a clean tea towel on a baking tray and heat in the oven at 100 degrees for 15 minutes.

have fun Kirsty!! if you want a really yummy lemon recipe - beg Kylee for her lemon slice recipe. i have to confess to eating three slices today!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to try it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle!! I will see how I go for time now that I have only discovered this in the late arvo. Otherwise I will have to try another day. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I ate 2-3 slices also. I was going to ask you if I could grab the recipe for lemon curd as we have a lemon tree also. Thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous22 June, 2008

    Mmmmm...I have had my eye on that lemon tree. You guys have done very well!
    My garden is so neglected these days............

    ReplyDelete