October 2, 2008

busy, busy, fun day

"Choose your battles wisely ~ give patience where patience is due, and continually ask God for wisdom in discipline."

i saw this quote the other day, and i think it is a good rule to live by when it comes to kids!

well, i have finished the top of my picnic blanket and now need to buy the fabric for the back. church has a fabric sale, but as D is usually working on those Saturdays I would need to try and get a bus. and as the weekend bus system isn’t that great it would literally take me all day with two grumpy kids. besides, someone has been having fun buying plane tickets, train tickets and phones in FINLAND using our credit card number so i am reluctant to purchase anything at the moment. finishing the blanket will be slow.

and now, for our big day out! today gran, N, A and I caught the steam train to Bungendore to have lunch with D. I am sure N thought he was going to see Mr Conductor! it was a lot of fun. 1 1/2 hours each way and two hours to spend in Bungendore. i'll just include a few pics to tell the story. land, i picked up a gorgeous children's book for $3. printed in Japan, in 1963. i love the illustrations!

of course when we came home there was only one thing to play with...

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics... & I love N's cheeky smile. It reminds me of Alicia. If you ever want to go on a mini excursion with the kids give us a buz ;) I know Alcia would just love to spend time with N :)

    ReplyDelete