Yesterday Nicholas wanted to make gingerbread men. Admittedly, they aren't my favourite thing to make, but he loves it. I even gave the kids free reign on decorating!
Nicholas is more methodical...
...than Audrey!
We had the carpets in our lounge room cleaned the other day. They are still damp. I think I want to keep it empty! It looks so clean. I thought half the stains on our carpet were there when we moved in, so was content that until the children get older we would make do. Now they look like they will be perfectly acceptable for another couple of years.
I bought a cardigan for myself today. I think I need new clothes for winter as desperately as my children do! And Audrey is loving her new gumboots.
I wish I had these clothes for Autumn/Winter: 



* I am looking forward to Nicholas having his cast taken off on 6 May. It has felt like he has had it on his leg forever.
* I am looking forward to buying some new children's books for him to take to the hospital. David has found reading with Nicholas the perfect way to pass the time in the waiting room.
* I am going to make Nicholas a surprise cake while they are gone, and cover it with sprinkles. Only seven days to go.
* I look forward to being able to go for a walk with him, to the park and the nature reserve near our home.
Actually, I'd love to spend a couple of nights with David and the kids at Wee Jasper. Walking during the day, looking at stars in the night. Drinking a hot cup of tea, eating this apple and rhubarb pie
(Donna Hay) and listening to Bon Iver.
No comments:
Post a Comment