
I mentioned a couple of days ago that mum had bought me The Shop Around the Corner on dvd. It is just gorgeous - and I love how closely You've Got Mail stuck to the story, just in a modern context.
I was hoping to find the cafe scenes in both movies to play here as an example, and was pleased to find someone else had done the work for me! Unfortunately the embedding has been disabled, so click here to view it. You won't regret it, it really is lovely.
I am grateful I grew up with an exposure to James Stewart, Gregory Peck, even Mickey Rooney, Judy Garland, Elizabeth Taylor, Shirley Temple (my youngest brother was in love with her!), Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergmann, Gregory Peck, William Holden, Fred Astair and of course both Audrey and Katharine Hepburn.
My sister has always fancied having an outdoors movie night in Summer. With a sheet strung for the screen and a projector. Sounds like fun...
My sister has always fancied having an outdoors movie night in Summer. With a sheet strung for the screen and a projector. Sounds like fun...
Now you've done it, Michelle ... I'm gonna hafta go and hire "Shop around the corner"!!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...got some ironing to do....can I borrow it???
ReplyDelete(i sound like Lachlan, today he asked Zami if he could borrow a ball he found at church - she said yes and there was no way I could get it off him because 'the lady said he could borrow it'!)
hmmm - you two + mum. i think i'll have to use a library card! just kidding - you are all welcome to it! i'll let you toss a coin for who is first. :)
ReplyDeleteLet Mel do it while she's ironing ... I'm gonna sit down and eyeball it from beginning to end!!!
ReplyDelete