April 18, 2010

rollercoasters

I have changed my blog settings so I can see the whole frame in youtube clips. Perhaps I worry too much. I just like everything in its place.
The past week was a rollercoaster ride. When I thought I was despairing of any hope, I read this post. I am surprised the way Ann often posts something that speaks right to where I am in my life. Without all the horrible details of the cranky mum I have been, I stop to think about how much what I am feeling shows on my face in the day. How much my frustration can easily escape my lips. Again i endeavour to do better, be better. i'll am grateful for her post as it enabled me to step back and take a moment to breathe. Even today, when i check, she continues to speak my heart here.
In the days when things were less rocky I escaped a little with Jane Eyre - a 2006 adaptation that mum lent me. As I discovered earlier this year with Wuthering Heights, finally there is an adaptation worthy. Because youtube can now be seen properly, here is the end scene.



I am now under pressure to finish the book before Bronte-along begins Wuthering Heights, which will be fun as it is a book that made a big impression on me. Mum has spoilt me over the past couple of weeks with the Orsen Wells adaptation of Jane Eyre, and the Shop Around the Corner (the movie 'You've Got Mail' was based on) so I have enjoyed 1930's-40's cinema. :)
Tonight I am going to be productive and get my ironing done, while listening to the last hour of an audio book. Then I am ready to start a new week, fresh of mistakes.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this version of Jane Eyre!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately - I love it! And I think the final shot where the family gather together is beautiful... it makes my heart glad! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing those links michelle...I needed them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She writes some good things. Her words often help me stop, take a breath and think. Usually I find I am just making more of a situation than needs be!

    ReplyDelete