August 19, 2010

Book Week

Next week Nicholas' preschool is celebrating Book Week. We only just found out and now I feel under pressure to come up with a costume! I suggested Spot or The very Hungry Caterpillar (wanting something immediately identifiable) but all Nicholas wants to dress as is a dinosaur! Not only can I not think of what he can be, but of how to prepare the costume! I thought of painting a big box or him to wear and make it the cover of a famous children's book, but he may have trouble managing it on his own...
We love collecting books in our house. there are so many gorgeous children's books - funny ones, those that are beautifully illustrated (I can't resist buying those ones). I like that story time is something that we do together. Borrowing library books gives exposure to a wider range of books, is exciting for the kids and of course easy on the pocket. Of course we have to build our own collection.
A colleague of mine recently lent Nicholas a huge bag of books, when he broke his leg. It gave me some confidence that she had kept them as part of her own collection over the years. Here are some of our favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment