This morning we went to Story Time. When we first moved to our house, Nicholas was as old as Audrey is now. I remember how much I enjoyed Story Time with him. there were never many people there and he would sit quietly on the mat, listening intently to the stories.
It is certainly an adventure with them together!! Today they sang songs together, participated in the stories and while Nicholas listened to the stories, Audrey rolled around on the ground and jumped on me.
I am putting together a nice list of children's books I hope to add to their library. With my reading of the Beatrix Potter tales, and admiration for her illustrations I am loving it. We have also been reading Little Golden Books from the 1970's. Some probably not considered PC, but enjoyable all the same.
Speaking of politically correct, I am [hopefully] one of many who is really annoyed that publishers are replacing some of the wording in Enid Blyton books... mean, really, 'mother' and 'father' are dated?? My children won't be able to understand what a 'tunic' is??
It is certainly an adventure with them together!! Today they sang songs together, participated in the stories and while Nicholas listened to the stories, Audrey rolled around on the ground and jumped on me.

I am putting together a nice list of children's books I hope to add to their library. With my reading of the Beatrix Potter tales, and admiration for her illustrations I am loving it. We have also been reading Little Golden Books from the 1970's. Some probably not considered PC, but enjoyable all the same.Speaking of politically correct, I am [hopefully] one of many who is really annoyed that publishers are replacing some of the wording in Enid Blyton books... mean, really, 'mother' and 'father' are dated?? My children won't be able to understand what a 'tunic' is??
ps: I came across this blog and one of the categories is 'this week's library book'. I am totally stealing that idea. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, isn't it? Anyway, before I post about one of our library books, I wanted to link to one of hers, as I had completely forgotten about this book - I loves it when I was in primary school. It is nice to be reminded of things that we enjoyed when we were young.
I am soooo annoyed that they're "updating" the language in the Enid Blyton books, too!! And grateful that Joel has at least one Enid Blyton untampered-with series!! Grrrrr ...
ReplyDeleteI know! Now I am desperate to go out and buy the Enchanted Wood series (before 'Moonface' gets replaed!)and the Famous Five and Secret Seven series...
ReplyDeleteWe have the famous five ... gotta get the others!
ReplyDeleteI just wonder if they shouldn't perhaps get some sort of public consensus before they go ahead with this sort of thing.
They had better leave Jane Austen alone!!