So, an historical day in Australian politics...when I decided not to go to the Tally Room this year (first time since 1996), I knew I would be missing something exciting (yes, I'm easily thrilled). But I have enjoyed just being home, watching Kerry O'Brien and Antony Green, eating takeaway and receiving text messages from colleagues. Not to mention calls from David, who is working on the Tally Board - updating Victorian figures. If he stuck his head through the window he is working at he would be sitting on Kerry O'Brien's head. I am also making some small changes to a costume for Nicholas to wear for Book Week at school this coming week.
Nicholas and Audrey came with me to our local polling station. As it is located at Nicholas' school, i thought I should do my bit to support them and buy a cake. Voting cost me $16! By the time I bought the cake and paid for Nicholas and Audrey to go on the jumping castle and pop the balls into the sideshow clowns mouths, most of my takeaway and snack money for tonight was gone!
And no, they didn't vote...This picture is here for no other reason than that Audrey was really cute earlier this week. She went to a little friends birthday party and felt so grown up. It was the first time she had caught the bus with me when I didn't take the pram. She walked with me (most of the time) holding my hand and smiling. This gorgeous grin shows how grown up she felt.
No comments:
Post a Comment