Audrey helped me to bake biscuits the other day. Like her brother, eating the mixture is her interpretation of "helping".
That is, after breaking the eggs and stirring for a bit.

That is, after breaking the eggs and stirring for a bit.

Nicholas' preschool had a visit from a local museum and gallery this week, and they looked at Sydney Nolan's Ned Kelly series and did their own pictures using shapes. They also made their own Ned Kelly helmets. makes me proud, as a lover of Australian social history (thrilling gal that i am) we have a catalogue of the Ned Kelly paintings as well as a framed print with a picture of Sir Sydney himself. (I completed my first real work experience at the Nolan Gallery when I was 15, so I have a soft spot for his work...)
I was very proud to see Nicholas standing on the couch (not that this is generally allowed) and looking intently at our picture before saying "Now I understand. The artist didn't paint Ned Kelly's eyes because they are at the front. This shows the pony's tail, so this picture is of the back."
I was very proud to see Nicholas standing on the couch (not that this is generally allowed) and looking intently at our picture before saying "Now I understand. The artist didn't paint Ned Kelly's eyes because they are at the front. This shows the pony's tail, so this picture is of the back."Yesterday I finally took this chart off Nicholas' wardrobe door. I went back to work for 4 days each week when he was 7 months old. When he was about 2 I felt it was important for him to have some form of regularity in his little life (and it made me feel more in control) and so printed up a weekly chart and laminated it. I then printed a few pictures of him (with me, with David, with his grandmother and more recently, of a school). I covered them with contact and used velcro stickers to apply them, depending on the day of the week, to show where he would be the next day. It didn't take long before each night he would look at it and ask what he was doing the next day. I even had a picture of him at story time, so we could add that one on Saturday's if we intended to go. Not needing it anymore reminds me that he is growing up...

No comments:
Post a Comment