April 15, 2011

memories

I haven't posted for a few days - mainly because I haven't gotten around to downloading photographs from the new camera... maybe I'll get to it tonight.  One thing that has been on my mind to post here though was this picture.

It was my grandmother's birthday on 9 April.  She would have been 77.  hard to think that she passed away so long ago and realise just how young she was.

This is her with mum.  I know she was smart, had a funny and quick sense of humour, knitted beautifully and loved her family.  She kept a memory box of photographs and letters.  She valued those things.

I miss both of my grandmothers.  I know I have written before about the strength of women, and I think of them.  Both of them lived lives common of women in their era.  They did what they had to do.  How I would love to talk to them about it now that I'm a mum. 

While she was alive my grandmother gave me her mothers watch.  When she passed away I was given her pearls.  I wish she could have seen her great-grandchildren, and to have held Audrey...

No comments:

Post a Comment