The new world of homework!
I went through our bookshelves and collected all the books we own from the Chief Ministers Reading Challenge, which Nicholas is doing with school this year. The basket of books is currently living in our lounge room to make a comfy spot for Nicholas to choose a story before bed.
Views of nature. I love photos of the everyday. My favourite things to photograph are the kids and still life arrangements.
Other things going on lately... preparing for Easter. I saw a great book at the library but we didn't have our library card at the time... Hopefully it will still be there when I go to the library later next week. It was about the meaning of Easter for Christians and associated traditions around the world, such as painting exquisite eggs in Eastern Europe. Growing up I had a friend from Macedonia whose grandmother made the most beautiful detailed decorated eggs at Easter time. When I visited the USA (over 15 years ago!) I loved the tradition of going to church on Sunday morning with children wearing new clothes and then having a huge Easter egg hunt after church. This year I have some craft for the kids to do on Good Friday and we will have a special breakfast and Easter egg hunt on Easter morning. Here are some links for easter egg craft.
Nicholas went in a colouring in competition. He spent so much time making sure he stayed in the lines...
So that has been the happenings at our home the past week or two!
Good job with the photos Michelle :) I LOVE your idea with putting the 'chief ministers' books in a basket together. Might have to pinch that one if I get organised enough!
ReplyDeleteThanks - I really am just playing with it... I saw a short course I might enrol in though, to learn what all the camera features mean! nicholas loves going to the basket and choosing a book - I like looking organised!
ReplyDeleteNicholas is so grown up!!!!!
ReplyDelete