David has left for work and the kids are still asleep. I love the mornings when I can start slowly. I am reading a daily devotion from Oswald Chambers 'My Utmost for His Highest'. He writes:
The reason people are tired of life is because God has not given them anything, they have not been given their life "as a prize". The way to get out of that state is to abandon to God. When you do get through to total surrender to Him, you will be the most surprised and delighted person on earth; God will have you absolutely, without any limitations, and has given you your life. If you are not there, it is either because of disobedience or a refusal to be simple enough.
I love those last words. They speak to mt desire for the now. When you want to simplify your life for the purposes of keeping lifes main things your priority: faith, family and love. But it is when you want to simplify that you realise how complicated you have made your life!
I have also finally started this book. I am re posting this clip as it is beautiful and it is how I want to walk every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment