May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

To ALL the mums I know!

I was woken this morning to  beautiful cooked breakfast, lovingly made by David and Nicholas and to Audrey proudly yelling "Happy Birthday!"  The table was set with a table cloth and our best china.  There isn't a better start to the day. I wish breakfast could always be a civilised sit down affair!
We then went to church for another loving and a little teary Mothers Day service.  Mum and dad kindly hosted us for a lunch of toasted sandwiches before heading off for a family afternoon tea.  It was nice to all be together (minus Dave though who is still in the last days of study).

I am now the owner of the softest most glorious dressing gown, new pyjamas and slippers.  I think that is what Mother's Day should always be.
On a final note, I am mindful of the responsibilities of motherhood, and like these Grace Prayers for Joyful Parenting.  I have printed off this sheet and stuck it on our make-do notice board - the pantry cupboard.  They are each so meaningful.  Your can read the whole post here

1 comment: