May 6, 2011

Planning

It is exciting to have a new project to turn my mind to.  During the semester break David is going to make Audrey a bed.  Her first "big" bed.  We are lucky that the cot he originally made for Nicholas is so big.  She is almost 3 1/2 and she is sleeping in it.  Most nights however she climbs out of it and comes to our room.

This gives me the opportunity (excuse, really) to pour over magazines and blogs looking for the style that I want.  I have a folder of pictures I have collected from magazines or the internet, organised into rooms.  Most of the pictures I have collected of girls rooms seem to have iron beds, but I think I have found the timber one I like.

Soon we will farewell the cot.  :(

 




 

My question however, is the bedspread. I can't put my finger on the style I want, but I want it to be subtle. Maybe cream with a small floral print?? If anyone has any suggestions I am open!!


On something unrelated, on Easter Sunday morning we had a sit down, special breakfast together. Rather than the grab your weet-bix and run to get dressed breakfast. I thought I'd share the recipe as it is SO yummy, and decedent. I love a good French toast... Nicholas and Audrey slept at mum and dad's the next night, so David and I indulged again. :)

French Toast

Place 2 eggs in a bowl with 1/2 cup pouring cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla paste and 2 tablespoons caster sugar. Whisk until smooth. Dip 4 slices baguette or fruit loaf into the egg mixture. Heat 30g unsalted butter in a non-stick frying pan and cook the bread for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Serve with maple syrup. (serves 2) thank you Donna Hay

1 comment:

  1. Awww...cute photos! I remember Nicholas in that first photo ;)

    ReplyDelete